Saturday, July 17, 2010

My Acrylic Pallet Colors

I have many different colors of acrylic paint that I've collected over the years.  Almost all the paints I use are Artists' grade paint to ensure they will mix as expected and to ensure my artwork is archival.  The only exceptions are when I use metallic paints for abstract works. 

The color pallet I use for acrylic is a limited pallet.  I do some abstracts fairly large, so it was important that I could get good mixtures from the least amount of colors - this way I could buy larger containers of paint at a lower cost.  It does require more mixing when I paint, but I'm happy with the results.  I also required colors that are transparent because I paint with glazes often. 

When deciding, I chose what Golden recommended in their color mixing guide.  You can read the explanation at this link: http://www.goldenpaints.com/artist/mixguide.php, but here are the colors suggested.

No comments:

Post a Comment